16 Jul 2014

lip product addict tag


Hey guys!

Today post will be the Lip Product Addict Tag - I have wanted ti do this tag since I saw Shaaanxo do it on her Youtube channel, and ever so kind Serafina from Serafina's Stylish Sundays tagged me in her post, and I have finally got around to doing it!

Now, apart from foundation, the one other make up product that I am guilty of hoarding is lip products - I love me some lipstick, lip balm, lip gloss, lip tar etc etc. I am a particular fan of pinks and nudes, but really I'll try anything once. This tag actually had to make me think on some questions, I have so many that I love and adore that its super  hard to narrow it down at times. But, I did for the blog post (not the vine), and here are my answers!

1. Favourite Lip Balm/Treatment


If you couldn't tell from the picture, of course I had to choose two. These are my teo favourites for two seperate uses. My Lucas Paw Paw Ointment (left) is 100% my saviour for if my lips are beyond repair from any other lip balm - I'm talking cracks, sores, dryness etc, you name it, this will help soothe it. And, of course, my Chapstick in the Cake Batter flavour takes the cake (#seewhatididthere) of all my lip balms. Chapstick is hands down one of my favourite brands for lip balms, and this flavour is just the bomb.com, and I'll forever be using it.

2. Best Eye Catching Red


I don't wear reds regularly, and as a result, I don't actually own many. But of all of them, MAC's Ruby Woo is definitely my favourite. It's blue based, so it doesn't make my teeth look orange, and its a gorgoues mid tone red that isn't too dark, or too light, so it goes with a lot of looks. I should also mention that it's a matte formula, so this baby does not budge!

3. Favourite Luxury/Drugstore Lipstick


It should come as no surprise that the YSL Rouge Volupte in #1 is my favourite luxury lipstick, and quite possibly my favourite lipstick of all time. No lipstick will ever beat this formula, and the colour is this beautiful nude baby pink - right up my alley! My favourite drugstore lipstick goes to the Maybelline Colour Whisper in Lust for Blush, my most used lipstick of all. Such an easy everyday pink, and also a super close dupe for MAC Creme Cup as well.

4. Favourite MAC Lipstick


I just want to point out that this is like asking a mother to choose her favourite child - there is just no way. I love all my MAC babies, but of all of them, MAC's Syrup is probably my most worn. Its just an easy mauve pink that is my MLBB easy.

5. Most Disappointing Lipstick


Leaving my feelings of the company out of this, I was just really disappointed with this lipstick. And not only this shade, but this is probably the one that really got me. I just expected so much more out of it because I heard so many great things about it. The colour is sort of coral, creamyish and smells like an off MAC lipstick. Not only that, but for some reason my lipstick looks like I've thrown it against walls. It sinks into lines on my lips and emphasises any minor dray patches as well. Just really unhappy with it honestly, especially when I'd heard some of my favourite beauty guru's rave about it.

6. Lip Liner - Yay or Nay?


Recently, I've been really into lip liner! I haven't ventured into different colours though, sticking eith nudes and pinks. My favourites are these two pictured: NYX Mauve Lip Liner (bottom) and Chi Chi Lip Liner in It Girl (top). I have especially been loving the NYX one to line my lips almost everyday - its super smooth and creamy, so easy to apply! Plus because of the colour, I can overdraw my lips slightly and it looks completely natural.

7. Best Gloss


I may have only owned this lip gloss for two weeks, but I already know that this is holy grail, I'll-forever-repurchase status. Its Whitening Lightning's Lip Gloss in Butter Cream. Its a gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous baby pink, and it is just perfect for every single look in the world of looks. I've been pairing it with the NYX liner I mentioned above nearly every single day, and its most perfect everyday lip colour. Just in love with this lipgloss, and I don't think that will ever change.

8. Something Extra


I just wanted to give a quick shoutout to the Too Faced Lip Injection Colour Bombs (I have a full review here), because they are amazing. They give a gorgeous wash of colour while similtaneously plumping your lips, which I love!

Thanks for reading guys - I love tags, because I feel like its an easier way for you guys to get to know me. I think thats pretty cool :)

I tag:

Claire from Beauty With Claire
Dani from LaceandLovexo
Kirsty from Lipstick Addict
Tarlie from T&K

And anyone else who wants to do this tag! Leave your blog down below if you do, so I can check it out!

Until next time...

xxxx

in between blogging, you can find me here!





5 comments :

  1. What a shame you didn't like the Limecrime lipsticks! All yours sound so terrible. I adore mine! They smell so lovely and are super creamy on my lips and stuff!

    YSL #1 is dabombdotcom!

    Jacquelyn xx | heytherejacquelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybelline Colour Whisper in Lust for Blush is one of my fav MLBB shades as well!

    Lisa | Multitasking Damsel Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tag. I need to do this too. Ruby Woo is such a gorgeous red colour.
    xoMadiha

    ReplyDelete
  4. THankyou for the mention Bek! It's my pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try those Two Faced Colour Bombs! I probably might pick one up now!

    ReplyDelete