27 Aug 2014

foundation friday: urban decay naked skin foundation


Hey guys!

Welcome to this weeks Foundation Friday! A bit late, as per the norm at the moment, but here nevertheless. I was pretty certain that this foundation would be reviewed - ever since I've included it in Foundation Friday Instagram posts, it's usually only just missed out. I love Urban Decay products, amd ever since I saw this being used on Youtube, I knew I had to get my hands on it.

The idea behind this foundation is that it is a weightless, easy going formula - almost like skin! It goes along perfectly with their ever expanding Naked line (which some people are starting to get over, but really I'll always love it), because it's meant to be your skin, but better (duh, #getnaked). The Naked line is all about neutrals and easy to wear colours - which, if I'm honest, is basically me represented by a makeup line.

For all the details on this baby, keep reading!


The foundation is housed in a tall, sleek plastic bottle with a pump (yay). I love that the pump also doesn't dispense too much at once - it actually pumps very small amounts each time, so I could always tell that this was going to last me forever. I do need a good 3-4 pumps to cover my face and achieve the coverage I desire, but considering they are quite small, I don't feel like I'm caking my face up at any point.

In terms of formula, this is a really light formula with decent coverage. I would say that, on me, it is a definitely medium coverage, and really easy to build up should I want more. The colour range is also fantastic, which is another reason I love Urban Decay - the shades ending in .0 have strong yellow undertones, and the those ending in .5, have strong pink undertones. The only qualm I have with this particular foundation is that it seems to just sit on my skin, rather than really buffing in and blending in with my skin. Don't get me wrong, it still looks like skin but it is a bit mask like.

Here are some swatches for you - I have shade 3.0, which is actually my shade for when my fake tan is wearing off, so it does look too light in the photos (I had just fake tanned the night before):



As you can see, it does even out my skin tone and cover any imperfections I have - you can also tell what I mean when I say it doesn't quite become one with my skin. Overall, I do really love this foundation, it is really easy to wear on days where I need just that easy coverage when my fake tan is wearing off. As I said, I do really like it, but I don't reach for it as much as my other foundations.

You can buy this foundation, and other Urban Decay products, from Beauty Bay for $54.40AU

Hope you enjoyed this review - keep an eye out for next Monday when I reveal next weeks contenders!

Have you tried this foundation? What are your thoughts - love or hate? In the meantime, if you have a foundation you'd like me to review let me know down below!

Until next time...

xxxx

in between blogging, you can find me here!


1 comment :

  1. Iv wanted to see a review on this product for ages! Before i go and pay the price for it and it looks lovely x
    Everything Beauty

    ReplyDelete