21 Jun 2015

BEATING THE WINTER BLUES // The Products Saving My Skin



Hey guys!

Welcome back to my blog after my hiatus - taking time off to focus on uni and work has made me hardcore busy, but I'm so glad to finally be done and dusted with that. I've missed blogging way to much and talking about beauty and makeup and skincare and EEEK! I have SO many posts in the works for you guys, talking about all different things and I'm starting with this one - the products that are getting my skin through winter!

Just for a refresher, I usually have normal to dry skin. However, due to a variety of factors (ie. uni and work stress, coming off the pill, working in constant air conditioning etc), my skin has become more dehydrated than usual, is also starting to break out in certain areas and has even become sensitive in parts, especially around my eyes. Because of this, I've been switching up my skincare constantly - trying out new things to try and find what will cure my skin of this feeling like this. Obviously, I want my skin to look great even without makeup on - hell, if your base isn't great before makeup, it never looks quite right anyway! And I finally feel like I may have found the perfect four products that are really helping my skin get back to how it was - read on to see what they are!



1. Cetaphil Daily Advance Ultra Hydrating Lotion for Dry to Very Dry Skin

So this stuff is literally between $9-11, and it is possibly my new favourite product for my skin ever! I've had some bad run ins with 'cheaper' drugstore products that have really not helped my skin, in fact they've probably done the opposite. But not this bad boy - oh no, this stuff is fantasticly moisturising without being greasy or oily, and really sinks into my skin to make it feels completely ready to face to winter weather. I've heard amazing things about Cetaphil, but like every other cheaper face brand that I've tried (sorry exaggerration, but y'all get the idea), I didn't expect it to actually be as amazing as it is. Everyone who has dry skin needs to jump on this if you are on a budget but still looking for something to actually work.



2. Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask

Holy shit, if the whole Origins products in this range smell like this, hell I'mma buy 'em all and I will never look back. I was recommended this by the lovely ladies on our Instabeautyau Facebook page (holla gfs, if you're not already a part of it, get on that - not even a biased admin at all ;) ) and the lovely lady working at my local Mecca also recommended it, saying that using it would not only help hydrate my skin but also help balance out my skin and hopefully avoid the breakouts I was experiencing. So 2-3 times a week, depending on how dry my skin is, I use this in place of a night time moisturiser and go to sleep with it onmy face. It just feels like a super creamy moisturising cream, so it is a little sticky but I really don't mind and it smells incredible. Always wake up with glowing, happy skin the next say and I'll forever be grateful to it!



3. Bioderma Senisibo Face Mask

Ok so this is for sensitive skin, but its super moistursing and soothing which is why I have personally been loving it. Again, this is like a thick cream (similar consitiency to the Origins mask), however you leave it only for 10-15 minutes then sponge off whatever is leftover on your skin. It definitely helps calm and soothe my skin, and gives it added moisture so I avoid any dry patches. I use this on rotation with the Origins mask, so usually 2 times a week and it 100% has been helping my skin stay hydrated and radiant!



4. The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream

Like I stated above, my eyes have been super sensitive lately. I can't use normal makeup remover on them due to how sensitive they are (legit, my eyes will be sore for days, almost like I've been rubbing them constantly), and because my eyes also water super easily ESPECIALLY at night, I need an eye cream that will keep them hydrated as my eyelids completely dry out and really look ugly with makeup on. And this is that cream! Ever since the first week I've used it, my eyes have been so much more hydrated and slowly but surely, the dry skin on my eyelids is slowly disappearing. Super happy with how this has gone - really need to try more of The Body Shop products - I also use their Seaweed Mask 1-2 times a week for my breakouts, and it's also amazeballs. Surely there is more hidden gems - any recommendations, please leave them below!

And those are the four products that have really made a diference in my skincare routine this Winter! Hopefully this can help any of you experiencing the same problems that I am during this cold, shitty weather! What have been stand out products for your skin this season?

Until next time....

xxxx

in between blogging, you can find me here!



1 comment :

  1. I love Body Shop's vitamin E range :)

    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete