17 Apr 2014

top five thursday: autumn/fall lipstick

Hey guys!

Todays quick edition of Top Five Thursday will be all about the lip colours that I will be turning too in Autumn (or Fall if you're on the other side of the world). The weather has finally started to cool down now, so it is finally appropriate to stop wearing all my peaches and corals, and wander into the wine, berries and purples territory.

I love these colours, especially as they are bold without being too bold. Because of the weather really cooling down, these are so appropriate for the weather! Autumn and Winter scream for more indulgent colours, and although I usually shy away from colours like this, I am feeling the need to venture out of my comfort zome and bring out my inner vamp!

Read on to see what colours I chose!


Lipsticks pictured (l-r): MAC's Plumful, Sportsgirl's Love Bite, MAC's Rebel, Revlon Colourburst Matte Balm in Shameless, Revlon Colourburst Matte Balm in Sultry

1. MAC Lipstick in Plumful
I spoke about this lipstick in here in My Top MAC Lipsticks, so if you would like to read a more indepth review on the lipstick, click the link. Basically, this is a perfect everyday Autumn Lip colour! It is a darker version of MAC's Syrup, which is my perfect MLBB. The colour is a darker pink with a tinge of purple. The fact that it is a Lustre finish as well makes it super easy to wear, as it it moisturising and sheer on the lips. Unfortunately. that means it doesn't last as long as some others, but its not a huge deal to whip out a mirror and reapply. This retails for $36AU at either a MAC counter or their online store.

2. Sportsgirl Lipstick in Love Bite
This is a more recent purchase of mine, but I already love it! It is a perfect deeper raspberry, and it literally goes with everything. Another great thing about this lipstick is that once it actually wears off, it stains your lips the exact same colour! I would say its a satin finish on the lips, and definitely opaque! Aaah, its so beautiful and so inexpensive when you consider the quality of the product. These are available in Australia at any Sportsgirl store, or internationally online, for $9.95AU.

3. MAC's Lipstick in Rebel
Again, I spoke about this here if you would like to read a more indepth review on it. This is a cult favourite from MAC, and it is so so perfect. I always turn to this when I want a bold lip that isn't too bold. Its a gorgeous deeper purple berry. Its a satin finish, so it doesn't look flat or unnatural on your lips. This is a perfect colour honestly, and if you are someone who loves berries, this is a colour you need in your life. It retails for $36AU at any MAC counter or their online store.

4. Revlon Colourburst Matte Balm in Shameless
I have to say, I was surprised by this colour! I wasn't expecting to love it at all, thinking that it was way too dark and vampy. I was totally and completely wrong, and so happy that I was. I assumed it wouldn't suit my colouring, as I usually steer clear of these colours, but honestly with a purple or neutral eye, this just amps up the look and adds that extra somethin' somethin'. I have a review on all of the Revlon Matte Balms here if you want to know my thoughts on them. These retail for about $17.95 in Priceline, and any other chemist or drugstore that sells Revlon.

5. Revlon Colourburst Matte Balm in Sultry
Again, this was a darkhorse for me! Swatching it, I assumed it wouldn't suit me at all. I noticed once I put it on my lips, the colour changes compared to the swatch. When I swatched it, the colour looks like a darker brown pink colour. But on the lips, this looks so gorgeous, almost a little burgundy. This goes perfect with nearly every look I create, especially with my Lorac Pro Palette! I have been wearing this nearly every day since I got it, and I adore it! Again, these retail for $17.95AU in Priceline, or any other drugstore that sells Revlon.

Swatches (l-r): MAC's Plumful, Sportsgirls Love Bite, MAC's Rebel, Revlon Colourburst Matte Balm in Shameless, Revlon Colourburst Matte Balm in Sultry

That's all for today's post! What colours will you be turning to this Autumn?

Until next time...

xxxx

Click here to read last weeks edition of Top Five Thursday




in between blogging, you can find me here!


5 comments :

  1. Mac Rebel was my favorite all last year i think this year it will be the same lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. the revlon matte balm in shamless is so beautiful! i've never owned such a bold lip shade ever! im so glad i bought it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh just my kind of shades! http://maybemayhemmakeup.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Sportsgirl lippy's! They're awesome :)

    ReplyDelete