30 Apr 2014

what's on my face? my everyday makeup routine

Hey guys!

This is a newer type of post for me. I love seeing other blog posts featuring What's On My Face (ahem, More Than Adored?), and thought I would try my hand at one. Although, from what I see, alot of these are focused on one brand. But I don't have every single item from every single brand in order to create a look! So, I decided that I would instead do my basic every day look, and share the products that I used to create it.

I am human. I do not have perfect, even toned skin and my eyebrows are way too thin before I get at them with powder or a pencil. But, I really don't like to suffocate my skin on a daily basis - I prefer to look natural and effortless! I like to enhance the features I like about myself and try to conceal those that I don't.

I use a variety of drugstore and high end products, and of course these interchange. But, the end look is pretty much always the same. As I said, I am someone who prefers to keep the heavy handed looks for the special occasions, always choosing to look natural where I can. Its easy and fast to achieve, plus it basically goes with every style you can imagine.


If you want to see how I went from the left to the right, keep on reading!

Products pictured: Bourjois Happy Light Matte Primer sample, Models Prefer Airbrush Concealer brush & It Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness Neutralizing Creme


The first thing I do is prime my face. I always, always, always prime! Every product I use afterwards goes on so smoothly plus it evens out my skin tone so its doesn't peek through my base of choice. At the moment, I am trialling the Bourjois Happy Light Matte Primer (the luminous version is my favourite ever primer!), which was given to me by a friend who didn't like it. The other thing I do now to conceal my redness, and also add coverage to places where my base tends to wear off easily, is to pat the It Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness (I have a review here) over my nose, chin, little on my forehead and broken capilliaries. This just makes sure I don't have to cake my base the places I need it most.


Products pictured (l-r): Chi Chi Cosmetics Super BB Cream, NYX Cosmetics Eyebrow Cake in Brunette & Maybelline Age Rewind in Fair


Another product I always use is a foundation or BB cream (I have a post all about my favourites here) because I self tan my body, but not my face, so I have to match it up. I have been using the Chi Chi Super BB Cream lately because its so good on my skin, and the coverage is amazing! After that, I always conceal using my favourite concealer, the Maybelline Age Rewind. I put that in the triangle under my eyes to add a subtle highlight, and also dab it on my chin, cupids bow, bridge of my nose and the  middle of my forehead. While I wait for that to set, I fill my brows in using the NYX Eyebrow Cake in Brunette. I don't go too overboard, just fill in the natural line and square it off a little at the beginning of my brow.

Products pictured (l-r): MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Light, MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Medium Deep, Face of Australia Loose Translucent Powder & the Real Techniques Powder Brush


After applying my base, I set my concealer using the MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Light so that the colour doesn't fade into the same colour as my foundation (otherwise, what's the point?). I also set the rest of my face with the Face of Australia Loose Translucent Powder because as much as I like the BB cream it doesn't always last as long as I would like it to. I then bronze my face lightly using the MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Medium Deep. I love this powder, it goes on so well and blends amazingly. This colour is great for everyday because its a finely milled powder and has a slight orange tone that looks like I've been touched by the sun.

Stila In The Light Palette (Bliss) & Sigma E40 Blending brush 

Products pictured (l-r): Australis Eyeliner in Starbright, Jordana Best Lash Extreme Mascara & Rimmel Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in Black


I don't wear eyeshadow on a daily basis, but if I want to put in a little more effort than usual, I have been getting a big fat blending brush and putting the shade Bliss from the Stila In The Light Palette (I have a review here), and blend it all over my eyelid, focusing mainly on my outer v and crease. I then tightline using my Rimmel Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in Black to thicken up my lash line a little, and then place the Australis Eyeliner in Starbright. It isn't hugely pigmented, which I like because it looks alot more natural!

OCC Lip Tar in Hush


And then, for everyday, I usually wear a nude or pink. This OCC Lip Tar in Hush is puuurrrrrfect for everday, dahling. Its easy to apply, is so creamy and beautiful, plus it lasts a good two hours looking exactly the same as when I first applied it. I have a review on all the lip tars that I own here.

And the look is complete!


Obligatory seflies + my fur baby who was ecstatic to be included - can you tell?

Of course, I switch out products. Sometimes, I'll prefer a fuller coverage foundation or a plum lipstick, or a different foundation. But, as I said, the end result is usually the same!

Let me know if you guys like this idea, and want me to do more What's On My Face posts !  :)

Until next time loves....

xxxx

in between blogging, you can find me here!













5 comments :

  1. Loved loved loved this post girl! You have such a beautiful face swell as heart obviously! That BB cream gives a flawless coverage shit! Going to get me that tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great before you out makeup on but even more stunning after! Loved this post? Are you loving the Stila palette?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your eyes look amazing like that. Natural and stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a perfect "no makeup" makeup look. Very fresh and natural.

    meghan
    www.todaysbeautyobsession.com

    ReplyDelete