14 Apr 2014

lip balm 101


Hey guys!

I am a serial lip balm collector. I just love trying new flavours and if I actually manage to finish one, there must be something special about it because it is super rare for me to focus on just one at once.

I'm especially into lip balms right now because the weather in Sydney has finally started to cool down. Autumn is finally here, and Winter isn't far off. But guess what else comes with the colder months? Chapped lips. Something that I am not a fan of.

Typically, without a good lip balm, my lips will always be dry and chapped. I lick my lips alot unconciously, and this really dries them out.  In the spirit of that, I decided to go through my lip balms and give you guys the lowdown on my favourites for making my lips super duper smooth and lipstick ready - even in Winter.


Chapstick

I adore Chapstick lip balms - they make my favourite flavour lip balm (Cake Batter)! This actually isn't even my whole collection of Chapstick lip balms, but I thought it wasn't too necessary to post all of them. Basically, Chapstick is unbelieveable. They have such a huge variety of flavours and scents, plus special ones made specifically for conditioning and sun protection. They also recently came out with a Night Treatment which is the bee knees!

Not only are they super good with flavours, scents, and making your lips super hydrated, they're also really affordable considering the quality of the product that you are getting. Basically, if you have never tried Chapstick before, head out right now to your local supermarket, chemist or drugstore and pick up a couple to try.


EOS

I have to admit - these are not a favourite of mine. The reason I'm including them in this is because I just want people to know that not all lip balms are worth the hype. They aren't bad lip balms persee.. They do the job. But considering that lots of people say that they are 
the best lip balms ever, and that they are fairly expensive, they really aren't all that. Sure, they look cute and smell like Zappos (any Aussies remember those? My netball days are coming back), but you can find a much better lip balm at the drugstore for a lot cheaper.


Vaseline Lip Therapy

I have these in the Cocoa scent, which if you didn't know is one of my favourite scents in the entire world, and I used to use these all the time as a night treatment. I would put another lip balm underneath and this on top, and because it is super thick, it kept my lips so moisturised all night long. Love this, it smells amazing, and I would recommend it for night use, as it is a little too thick to be used during the day.


Nivea Lip Butter

This is an old faithful, and one of my all time favourite lip balms. I used these exclusively for 6 months or so, and have gone through countless tubs of them. I stock up on them when they're on sale! These are amazing, they have the best scents, that basically smell like cookies, caramel popcorn and raspberry yoghurt. They are just really moisturising and are thick, and light, at the same time. I really love these, I have never had an issue with them and I will always repurchase!


IWTheLabel

I won a competition along with Kirsty from A Lipstick Addiction on Instagram to try these out, and although I haven't used them for long, I am so far really impressed. I have the flavours Very Vanilla and Creamy Coconut, and the vanilla smells like ice cream (yum). So far, I have noticed that they are really moisturising and light on the lips, plus its easy on the nose with the fantastic flavours. They are a little pricey at $5 a tub, but they are made with all natural ingredients so you know that they are going to be super good for your lips. You can find these on her Instagram IWTHELABEL.


Hurraw! Lip Balms

I have a rave review on the Hurraw! company here, plus I also included these in my March Favourites. I love these, and I'm super glad I finally decided to buy them. Like Chapstick, they have a huge variety of flavours, and I have seven of those (six are pictured because I have already finished one), which are smell unbelievable and natural, not sugary and processed. These are raw vegan balms and are only made from natural ingredients, and are fairly priced at $3.79 a balm. & adore them, and would really recommend you pick these up! You can find them here at http://hurrawbalm.com/ .

That's it for today's post! Let me know what lip balms you love to use in the colder months!

Until next time...


xxxx


in between blogging, you can find me here!


*Some of these products were sent to me to try, but this in no way influences my opinion of the product itself.

2 comments :

  1. Great review! I'm a bit of a collector myself, too, but for me it's anything that comes in a tin ;D

    x Lisa from The BTQ Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look fab! I'm going to have to try chapstick now http://maybemayhemmakeup.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete