30 Apr 2014

what's on my face? my everyday makeup routine

Hey guys!

This is a newer type of post for me. I love seeing other blog posts featuring What's On My Face (ahem, More Than Adored?), and thought I would try my hand at one. Although, from what I see, alot of these are focused on one brand. But I don't have every single item from every single brand in order to create a look! So, I decided that I would instead do my basic every day look, and share the products that I used to create it.

I am human. I do not have perfect, even toned skin and my eyebrows are way too thin before I get at them with powder or a pencil. But, I really don't like to suffocate my skin on a daily basis - I prefer to look natural and effortless! I like to enhance the features I like about myself and try to conceal those that I don't.

I use a variety of drugstore and high end products, and of course these interchange. But, the end look is pretty much always the same. As I said, I am someone who prefers to keep the heavy handed looks for the special occasions, always choosing to look natural where I can. Its easy and fast to achieve, plus it basically goes with every style you can imagine.


If you want to see how I went from the left to the right, keep on reading!

Products pictured: Bourjois Happy Light Matte Primer sample, Models Prefer Airbrush Concealer brush & It Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness Neutralizing Creme


The first thing I do is prime my face. I always, always, always prime! Every product I use afterwards goes on so smoothly plus it evens out my skin tone so its doesn't peek through my base of choice. At the moment, I am trialling the Bourjois Happy Light Matte Primer (the luminous version is my favourite ever primer!), which was given to me by a friend who didn't like it. The other thing I do now to conceal my redness, and also add coverage to places where my base tends to wear off easily, is to pat the It Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness (I have a review here) over my nose, chin, little on my forehead and broken capilliaries. This just makes sure I don't have to cake my base the places I need it most.


Products pictured (l-r): Chi Chi Cosmetics Super BB Cream, NYX Cosmetics Eyebrow Cake in Brunette & Maybelline Age Rewind in Fair


Another product I always use is a foundation or BB cream (I have a post all about my favourites here) because I self tan my body, but not my face, so I have to match it up. I have been using the Chi Chi Super BB Cream lately because its so good on my skin, and the coverage is amazing! After that, I always conceal using my favourite concealer, the Maybelline Age Rewind. I put that in the triangle under my eyes to add a subtle highlight, and also dab it on my chin, cupids bow, bridge of my nose and the  middle of my forehead. While I wait for that to set, I fill my brows in using the NYX Eyebrow Cake in Brunette. I don't go too overboard, just fill in the natural line and square it off a little at the beginning of my brow.

Products pictured (l-r): MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Light, MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Medium Deep, Face of Australia Loose Translucent Powder & the Real Techniques Powder Brush


After applying my base, I set my concealer using the MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Light so that the colour doesn't fade into the same colour as my foundation (otherwise, what's the point?). I also set the rest of my face with the Face of Australia Loose Translucent Powder because as much as I like the BB cream it doesn't always last as long as I would like it to. I then bronze my face lightly using the MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Medium Deep. I love this powder, it goes on so well and blends amazingly. This colour is great for everyday because its a finely milled powder and has a slight orange tone that looks like I've been touched by the sun.

Stila In The Light Palette (Bliss) & Sigma E40 Blending brush 

Products pictured (l-r): Australis Eyeliner in Starbright, Jordana Best Lash Extreme Mascara & Rimmel Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in Black


I don't wear eyeshadow on a daily basis, but if I want to put in a little more effort than usual, I have been getting a big fat blending brush and putting the shade Bliss from the Stila In The Light Palette (I have a review here), and blend it all over my eyelid, focusing mainly on my outer v and crease. I then tightline using my Rimmel Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in Black to thicken up my lash line a little, and then place the Australis Eyeliner in Starbright. It isn't hugely pigmented, which I like because it looks alot more natural!

OCC Lip Tar in Hush


And then, for everyday, I usually wear a nude or pink. This OCC Lip Tar in Hush is puuurrrrrfect for everday, dahling. Its easy to apply, is so creamy and beautiful, plus it lasts a good two hours looking exactly the same as when I first applied it. I have a review on all the lip tars that I own here.

And the look is complete!


Obligatory seflies + my fur baby who was ecstatic to be included - can you tell?

Of course, I switch out products. Sometimes, I'll prefer a fuller coverage foundation or a plum lipstick, or a different foundation. But, as I said, the end result is usually the same!

Let me know if you guys like this idea, and want me to do more What's On My Face posts !  :)

Until next time loves....

xxxx

in between blogging, you can find me here!













4 comments :

  1. Loved loved loved this post girl! You have such a beautiful face swell as heart obviously! That BB cream gives a flawless coverage shit! Going to get me that tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your eyes look amazing like that. Natural and stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a perfect "no makeup" makeup look. Very fresh and natural.

    meghan
    www.todaysbeautyobsession.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh you are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete