25 Apr 2014

april beauty favourites


Hey guys!

It's that time of the month again (no, not that time)! This is the time that I get to share with you all the products I have been loving for the month. Actually, I have really been sticking to my staples this month. I have been unbelieveably busy with all the events of my day to day life, plus the added pressure of university. Knowing that I can always fall back on these is great - I've even rediscovered a couple of my old favourites!

As with my other favourites posts, this will be split up into two sections: beauty and skincare. Of course, this doesn't mean that these are the only products I have loved this month, but these are definite standouts!

Read on to see what I chose for this month!


BEAUTY



1. Lorac Pro Palette
Lord, I have been using this for pretty much ALL of my eyeshadow needs this month. I adore this palette! I don't know I have done without it for so long, but in any case, I am super happy that I finally caved. I have a first impression on this palette here, and also a little tutorial using the palette here. Its just a great everyday palette, gorgeous neutrals and it has a great variety of matte and shimmer shades. Just love, it is defintely a palette you need if you are a fan of neutral shades! I did buy this with a shipping service from Ulta for $42US, and (as far as I know), this is not available in Australia :(

2. It Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness
My skins saviour! I won't go into too much detail, as I wrote a review on it here, but basically my skin has been having a time of it lately. My Clarisonic broke (waaaaaah), and my skin is not happy. At all. I have been having breakouts all over the place, which just adds more redness to my (already red) skin. I have just been stippling the tiniest amount of this over any areas that need it and then go on with my foundation. It just gives that extra coverage to the places I actually need it, without me having to cake my foundation or concealer over the top. I brought this at the same time as the Lorac Pro Palette, as I didn't think it was available here. But, I have found this great website called PM Studio that stock It Cosmetics (based in Sydney) for $42AU!

3. MAC Lipstick in Angel
A forgotten favourite. Looking for the perfect pink lip that wasn't too pink or nude led to me straight back to this baby. Ever since then, when I have wanted a lip other than the darker colours, I have gone straight back to this. Adore it, its just a perfect creamy pink without being too heavy or too sheer. I featured this lipstick here in My Favourite MAC Lipsticks, so you can read more on the colour there. This retails for $36AU at any MAC counter or online.

4. Chapstick Conditioner & Night Repair Treatment Lip Balms
I'm a self confessed lip balm junkie (see my post on all things lip balm here), and Chapstick are one of my favourite brands ever. I was lucky enough to be sent some to try, which included these two. I used to use the conditioner all the time, and I've rediscovered it now that Winter is fast approaching and my lips are chapping. Its amazing to just keep them hydrated and protected in the cooler months. The Night Repair is a newer product, but I love it. The smell is like cinnamon toast and its a very lightweight liquid that is so long lasting and keeps my lips moisturised all night long. You can find these here or at any store that stocks Chapstick for $4.69AU and $7.99AU respectively.

5. Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless Mascara
This is the product I have really rediscovered this month. I used to use this all the time, because of how long it makes my lashes. I've also figured a way to layer it so it gives volume to them as well, without having to use another volumising mascara on top. Love 
love love, this has been a serious staple this whole month. The fact that it doesn't damage your lashes as much as other mascaras is just another benefit. I got this from Priceline for $17.95AU.

6. Revlon Colourburst Matte Balms in Sultry & Shameless
I adore these balms (I have a post dedicated to them here), and I featured these particular shades in the Top Five Autumn/Fall Lipsticks. I love Sultry for a night out, and Shameless when I'm feeling spontaneous. These are fantastic, I love them and these shades are the perfect shades to switch between for Autumn. I brought these BOGO free when Priceline had their introductory sale. They normally retail for $17.95AU each, and you can purchase them here.

SKINCARE


7. Garnier Moisture Match Gentle Goodbye Dry Cleansing Milk 
This is a newer addition, as it was only released recently, but I am loving this! Every morning and night, I just put a little of this onto a Swissper cotton round, pat it into my skin, and then turn the Swissper over to soak up the leftover product. It just gives a little added moisture to my skin before going in with my other serums, oils and moisturisers. This retails for $6.39AU and I got mine from Priceline.

8. L'Oreal Youth Code Eye Serum
I have been loving this for hydrating my eye area in the day time. I do use a different one at night, but this is just so easy and hydrating for underneath my face of the day. I also love how this doesn't ball up underneath my foundation or concealer - like many other eye creams I have tried and disliked. But all in all, I am impressed with this! I'm not sure if this is still available, but I did purchase this from Priceline for between $20-30AU.

9. Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
I won't drone on about this - this was featured in my last favourites as well as a completely separate review here. Love this stuff, CANNOT get enough. Plus, that is still the same bottle that I brought a month ago and it's still going strong despite me using it at least once a day. This retails for about $11.99AU and you can find it here.

Speaking of skincare, I am also in the market for a new serum to use in my day time routine! If you have any suggestions, please leave them below - I would love to hear what you guys would recommend.

And that's all for my April Beauty Favourites! What are some of the products you have been loving this month?

Until next time...

xxxx

Click here to read my March Beauty Favourites!



in between blogging, you can find me here!


4 comments :

  1. Hydraluron by Indeed
    Estee Lauder Idealist
    I love using both of these in my Morning routine. The Idealist is a great primer too if you like to go for a glow from within kind of look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been loving the Clinique Cleansing Balm this month.

    I definitely want to try the Garnier Water and wish it was available in the US. I also definitely want to try the Lorac Pro Palette!
    http://youarebeaut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah the Lorac pallet is so gorgeous! Must get my hands on it! - Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Mac in Angel one of the best shades! Still need the Lorac Pro! Dreaming of it in america!!!

    ReplyDelete